Chemex® Funnex Single Serve Pourover Brewer
What happens when you take a funnel and combine it with your favourite Chemex® coffee brewer... you get the FUNNEX!
The FUNNEX offers the same brewing experience that you know and love from your favourite 3 Cup Classic Chemex® (CM-1, CM-1C, CM-1GH), but in a smaller package. It's made from non-porous Borosilicate glass that doesn't absorb nasty odours or chemical residue. What separates the FUNNEX from the other Chemex® coffee makers is that it allows you to brew into whatever vessel or coffee server that you choose! This versatility allows you to brew directly into your travel mug, or you can use multiple FUNNEX brewers on a pour-over stand in your cafe for a very fun brewing experience! The double-walled glass design keeps heat loss to a minimum while also retaining the Classic Chemex® look and feel.
- Brewing Capacity: 444ml (15oz)
- Non-porous Double-walled Borosilcate Glass
- Silicone Ring at Base for to Protect the Base of the Brewer
- Uses Chemex Half Moon 3 Cup Filters (FP-2)
- Place a filter in the top of the Chemex
- Pour hot/boiling water through until all of the filter is saturated.
- Pour the water out of the Chemex, via the channel, ensuring that the filter remains in place
- Grind and add coffee into the filter
- Start timer and pour enough water (195-205º) to saturate the coffee
- Swirl or stir coffee to fully saturate and let bloom for 45 seconds
- Add rest of water pouring in a clockwise, circular motion, without pouring to the very edge or overfilling the filter
- Once draw down is complete, remove the filter and the coffee is ready to serve!
Check out our Chemex Brew Guide!
Eight Ounce Coffee is the exclusive partner and distributor of Chemex in Canada, you will always be guaranteed to received an authentic Chemex product. We are coffee lovers, are deeply involved in the specialty coffee industry, and truly care about your experience. From ordering to brewing we are here to answer any questions that you may have.
See a complete range of Chemex products from Eight Ounce Coffee.