Chemex® Handblown 13 Cup
You enjoy the hand-made quality of pour-over coffee; that’s why you want a Chemex. Well what if your Chemex® itself was also hand-made? Now we’re talking!
Produced by hand, the clarity of the blown glass and fine workmanship is unparalleled: undoubtedly one of the most recognizable and elegant coffee makers available.
The Chemex® was designed in 1941 and has been making delicious coffee ever since. Its non-porous, heat-resistant glass construction, combined with proprietary, scientifically designed filters, produces coffee with clarity and complexity.
In fact, it's the filters that are the star of the Chemex® show. They are 20-30% heavier than other filters and remove even the finest sediment particles. The design of the filter facilitates the proper infusion time by regulating the filtration rate - about a 4 minute brew.
One warning: As the filters are made of heavy paper, they require a full rinse with hot water. before brewing. to remove any paper taste. It's worth noting that there are also other filter options for the Chemex®. If you want to try a re-usable filter that gives you a totally different, but equally delicious coffee, then check out the Able Kone
Since the Chemex® is made out of glass, you can see the coffee as it brews and, as it's a pour over method, you can also customize your particular brew method very easily.
It comes with a polished wood collar and leather tie: the collar serving as an insulated handle around the middle of the coffeemaker.
The Chemex® is so cool that it has a permanent display in the Museum of Modern Art in New York, and is how James Bond makes his coffee. What other endorsements do you need?
- 65oz (1922ml) capacity
- Easy to clean - just remove filter and rinse through
- Heat-resistant glass made in Germany
- Requires Chemex® filters
- Exceptional clarity of glass and fine workmanship
- Polished wood collar with leather tie made in the USA
- Place a filter in the top of the Chemex
- Pour hot/boiling water through until all of the filter is saturated.
- Pour the water out of the Chemex, via the channel, ensuring that the filter remains in place
- Grind and add coffee into the filter
- Start timer and pour enough water (195-205º) to saturate the coffee
- Swirl or stir coffee to fully saturate and let bloom for 45 seconds
- Add rest of water pouring in a clockwise, circular motion, without pouring to the very edge or overfilling the filter
- Once draw down is complete, remove the filter and the coffee is ready to serve!
Check out our Chemex Brew Guide!
Eight Ounce Coffee is the exclusive partner and distributor of Chemex in Canada, you will always be guaranteed to received an authentic Chemex product. We are coffee lovers, are deeply involved in the specialty coffee industry, and truly care about your experience. From ordering to brewing we are here to answer any questions that you may have.
See a complete range of Chemex products from Eight Ounce Coffee.